What is Ticket to Work?
Social Security’s Ticket to Work program supports career development for people with disabilities who want to work. Social Security disability beneficiaries age 18 through 64 qualify. The Ticket program is free and voluntary. The Ticket program helps people with disabilities progress towards financial independence.
Choosing to work can change your life. The Ticket to Work program and Work Incentives allow you to keep your benefits while you explore employment, receive vocational support and gain work experience. If you are age 18 through 64 and receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and/or Supplemental Social Security Income (SSI) you already qualify!
Able SC’s employment services include:
- Self-esteem/confidence building to prepare for employment
- Access to benefits counseling
- Career options counseling
- Job search skills (resumes, interviews)
- Workplace skill-building (communicating effectively, workplace etiquette, professional relationships, etc.)
- Job performance support
- Troubleshooting Workplace Issues (including disclosure, accommodations, and advocacy)
- Peer Support
We also provide community support by:
- Myth-busting information and training to employers, SC businesses and anyone interested in becoming more informed about employment for people with disabilities.
- Outreach to local employers to cultivate and support inclusive employment opportunities for people with disabilities.