A Night To Shine, Or Is It?

You’re ready. You’ve got your tickets, rented that formal attire, snagged a date, and nothing is stopping you from attending your senior prom! Except, wait. You use a wheelchair, and…

Read More

Keeping All Students Safe Act

In 2009, the first version of the Keeping All Students Safe Act was introduced to the House by Democrats. It is coming up for re-introduction again January 2019. What is…

Read More

Understanding the Media

Accessing information in 2017 is easier than ever before with the introduction of new and bettering technology and the popularity of social media surging. Never before have we been able…

Read More

Able People with ABLE Accounts

An ABLE account is designed to help people with disabilities build up their savings. People with disabilities and their families can save up to $14,000 without it affecting their government…

Read More

Born this way

Any time that I am feeling down or just need some encouragement, I listen to music. The genre of music that I listen depends on my mood: upbeat tempos for…

Read More

My Vision

When people think of inclusive education, they often have very different ideas. The current model for inclusion requires that the student with a disability “prove” that they are able to…

Read More