Revamped with more sessions, tools, and resources than ever before!
Empowering a Future is a professional development opportunity for educators and service providers working with youth with disabilities in transition. Want to learn how to motivate and empower your students? It’s time to leave the deficits-based approaches behind and focus on new strategies to build strong, successful self-advocates.
Session content will highlight pre-employment transition services, youth leadership and self-determination, the SC High School Credential, coordinated community-based employment, and much more.
2021 Event Info TBD
Past Event Information
February 7, 2020
9 AM – 4:30 PM
Check-in opens at 8:15 AM
1200 Hampton Street, Columbia, SC
Early bird tickets are available for just $50 dollars until December 31! Starting on January 1, ticket prices will increase to $60.
Parties of 5+ people, contact Sarah Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.779.5121 to register with a 10% discount!
Pick your track, or mix and match:
- Credential Corner
- Rethinking Curriculum Development through Universal Design
- Leading the Way with Strengths-Based Transition Assessments
- Let’s Talk about Sex (with our SPED students)!
- Fostering Disability Pride through Youth Leadership
- Me, Myself, and my Supported Decision Making: Goal Planning for Independent Living
- Is Data Driving your Decisions? Collaborative Data Collection for Employment Outcomes
- How to Get Hired 101
- What’s the Hold-Up? Moving Past Employment Roadblocks
- Technology to Thrive: How AT Promotes Independence
- Intersectionality: Creating a Safe Space
- Stronger Together: Positive Outcomes of CTE/SPED Collaboration