Director of Development Job Description
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT (FULL-TIME)
Remote Option within SC
Able South Carolina (Able SC) is South Carolina’s premier organization promoting disability rights, independence, and equity for individuals with disabilities. Serving throughout the state, Able SC promotes individual leadership, creative teamwork, and cultivates a shared pride in the future of an inclusive state.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Director of Development will lead planning, cultivation and development for Able SC’s strategic advancement including, but not limited to, individual and major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events, and capital campaigns. The Director of Development will work closely with program and operation staff to ensure timely preparation of local, state and federal grant opportunities. The Director of Development must be creative and thrive working in a fast-paced team environment in a high result driven environment. This position is in the direct delegation of the President & Chief Executive Officer.
Salary: Range $65k - $70k, commensurate on experience
Remote work option: available for discussion if living in SC
Benefits Highlights Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, & Life Insurance
- Accrued Annual Leave – 12 days per year
- Accrued Sick Leave – 12 days per year
- Retirement Plan
- Parental Leave – 12 weeks
- $50 monthly phone allowance
- 14 paid holidays, plus four bonus days per quarter
- Must embrace the mission of Able South Carolina.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures as it relates to development activities.
- Execute the fundraising plan to support the goals defined in the strategic plan.
- Identify grant opportunities at the local, state and federal level and work with Able SC’s leadership team to develop programs that will increase the independence of people with disabilities and/or create community inclusion.
- Maintain excellent program management skills for organization, timelines, and shared collaboration with Able SC leadership.
- Help lead the strategy development and planning of the capital campaign, working collaboratively with the Executive Director and Capital Campaign Steering Committee.
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive individual donor pipeline, including donor identification, cultivation, acknowledgment, and donor relations.
- Oversee digital and direct mailings, along with fund development strategy integration into organizational programmatic events and activities.
- Manage and further develop fundraising events to attract and retain donors.
- Support the Fundraising Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Support executive director in retaining and cultivating new major donors.
- Build and maintain a fundraising system, including database, acknowledgment systems, and reporting.
- Analyzes needs and creates strategic and long-term plans for fund development.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the executive director regarding fund development activities.
- Oversee the creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Participate in staff development, management, and staff meetings.
- Serve as an essential member of the leadership team to assist with furthering the reach of Able SC.
- Carry out additional assignments as delegated by the executive director in a timely manner.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university; Certified Fundraising Executive credentials preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of direct development experience and solicitation, preferably in a nonprofit environment, with extensive knowledge of fundraising techniques and sources of funding for nonprofit organizations.
- Must have experience accessing and managing donor database systems.
- Experience with major gifts ($5k and higher).
- Superior communication and writing skills and interpersonal team collaboration.
- Professional and courteous presence, on phone and in person, ability to work with a wide variety of people, ease in initiating contacts with other groups.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple high level projects simultaneously.
- Advanced MS Office experience.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Experience with working in teams to accomplish goals.
- Availability for some travel, evening and weekend work for events and donor contacts.
- Have demonstrated success in managing complex projects.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills, capable of working effectively with board members, staff members, volunteers, and donor/prospects.
Able South Carolina has retained Capital Development Services to assist with recruitment for this position. Candidates must provide a cover letter and resume. All materials will be kept confidential. Please direct additional inquiries to Jen Tozier at email@example.com.
Able South Carolina is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, age, disability, religion, or national origin.
Those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.