Mobility Management Assistant Job Description
Able South Carolina (Able SC) is South Carolina’s premier organization promoting disability rights, independence, and equity for individuals with disabilities. Serving throughout the state, Able SC promotes individual leadership, creative teamwork, and cultivates a shared pride in the future of an inclusive state.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Mobility Management Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of program activities related to increasing access and independence for people with disabilities especially in regards to reliable transportation. The Mobility Management Assistant must enjoy completing detail-oriented tasks in a fast-paced and results-driven environment. This position is under the direct delegation of the Director of Community Access.
TO APPLY: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Location: Columbia, SC
Hours: Part-time, 32 hours per week
Salary Range: Based on experience and qualifications.
- Serve as an advocate for the rights of people with disabilities.
- Support Able SC’s public transportation access efforts through the following responsibilities:
- Contact paratransit applicants in a timely manner.
- Schedule eligibility appointments in a scheduling database system.
- Provide accessible and positive customer service.
- Maintain organization of applications.
- Conduct eligibility assessments with team input on final recommendations.
- Provide information and referral services for community transportation resources.
- Prepare eligibility letters for mailings.
- Document program activities via data entry using multiple computer-based platforms.
- Organize trainings and outreach.
- Collect data and compile monthly reports.
- Carry out additional assignments as delegated by supervisor.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Computer literacy
- Literacy with respect to the use of all organizational equipment including computers, photocopiers, and telephones
- Knowledge of customer service principles & practices
- Knowledge of disability rights and IL philosophy required
- Knowledge of the service system, benefits, entitlements and supports utilized by people with disabilities
- Working knowledge of community resources available to people with disabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form
- Knowledge of Assistive Technology and related resources
- Personal maturity, motivation, attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and a commitment to excellence in all aspects of work and time spent on behalf of the organization.
Able South Carolina is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, age, disability, religion, or national origin.