SCPP Program Coordinator Job Description
SCPP PROGRAM COORDINATOR (FULL-TIME)
Able South Carolina (Able SC) is South Carolina’s premier organization promoting disability rights, independence, and equity for individuals with disabilities. Serving throughout the state, Able SC promotes individual leadership, creative teamwork, and cultivates a shared pride in the future of an inclusive state.
Able SC offers a competitive salary with benefits including health, dental, vision, life, Employee Assistance Program, and contribution to a retirement plan. Paid leave includes vacation, sick leave, and 18 holidays annually.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Serve as Able SC’s Program Coordinator of the South Carolina Pathways Project (SCPP) to increase opportunities for successful outcomes for students with disabilities. The position will ensure a disability-led approach is developed and incorporated within the project scope while coordinating with SC Centers for Independent Living (CILs) and project partners. The position is in the direct delegation of Able SC’s SCPP Program Director.
TO APPLY: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Hours: Full-time, 34-40 hours per week.
Job Type: Exempt, Temporary Grant Position- 5 years
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (With or without reasonable accommodations):
- Serve as the Program Coordinator and support Able SC’s responsibilities of the SCPP grant-funded program for participating pilot sites.
- Inform development activities to create a collaborative model incorporating a disability-led approach and create new transition policies, new transition professionals & roles, and other coordinated, collaborative efforts such as data sharing.
- Support knowledge translation and training efforts for national, state, and local stakeholders
- Support the development of a disability-led transition program and model of practice that can be replicated across the country to ensure positive and anti-ableism youth transition programs.
- Serve as a Able SC liaison to project contractors and local pilot sites
- Support the creation of public-facing publications, websites, curricula, etc.
- Foster accurate data collection, data management, and grant reporting efforts.
- Collaborate with partners to analyze the program's needs or requirements and determine the project's scope.
- Provide supervision, leadership, and support to project staff and assign tasks to the team members per the individual’s expertise.
- Identify the upcoming opportunities to support the sustainability of the project.
- Assist in overseeing the progress of the project and ensure that it adheres to the goals, objectives, rules, regulations, and quality standards of the organization.
- Carry out any additional duties the direct supervisor assigns to ensure successful project outcomes.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes.
- Master’s degree in Special Education or other relevant fields.
- At least five years of documented experience working with students with disabilities or personal experience with a disability is required.
- Expertise in disability rights and IL philosophy required.
- Expertise in the service system, benefits, entitlements, and supports utilized by people with disabilities.
- Experience with facilitating teams and accomplishing goals
- Experience in the delivery of presentations and training to groups required
- Working knowledge of community resources available to people with disabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Knowledge of disability rights legislation.
- Personal lived experience with a disability
- Ethical, Integrity, Honesty
- Emotional Intelligence
- Interpersonal Skills
- Personal Accountability/Self-Motivated
- Clarity in Communication
- Attention to Detail, High Accuracy
- Time Management
- Ability to Remain Calm Under Pressure
- Creates a Positive Work Environment
- Works Independently
- Ability to Motivate Others
- Staff Development
- Results Driven
- Clarity in Communication
- Interdepartmental knowledge/understands programs & services
- Personal Accountability/Self-motivated
- Results Driven
- Influencing others: Ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, and solutions.
- Identifies and Manages Risks
- Social/Field Intelligence
- Project Management
Able South Carolina is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, age, disability, religion, or national origin. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.