Peer SupportPeer Supporters serve as role models, as only someone with personal experience with disabilities can do. They share life experience and bring new ideas and information to facilitate independence. They work one-on-one, in small groups, and hold regular monthly Peer Support Groups for those interested—both on-site and online. Please check out our schedule below:
- In-person meets the fourth Thursday of every month from 4:00 -5:00 PM in our Upstate and Columbia office.
- Online meets the second Thursday of every month from 4:00 -5:00 PM. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the link to the online meeting.
- Topics of discussion focus on independence and adapting. For a full schedule and list of the 2020 topics click here. The only requirement for participation is that a person must have a disability.
- In-person Hangouts meet in Columbia and Greenville on the third Thursday of every month. We meet in Rock Hill on the third Tuesday of each month.
- Online Hangouts meet the first Thursday of every month. Please email us at email@example.com for the link to the online meeting.
- Topics of discussion focus on transitioning into adulthood, self-advocacy, and independent living skills.