What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps Openings at Able:
Fall enrollment is currently closed! Please check back in December for information on Spring enrollment
Our member roles focus on direct service to our consumers. We help our consumers reach their goals through skill building, peer support, finding and navigating resources, and more!
- Receive a living allowance to cover basic expenses during your service term.
Money for College and Trade School
- The Segal AmeriCorps Education Award is offered to individuals who complete a term of service and can be used to pay for a range of educational expenses, like repaying qualified student loans or future tuition payments. You can earn up to two full Education Awards with multiple service terms.
Loan Deferment and Interest Forbearance
- Individuals in approved AmeriCorps positions are eligible for forbearance for most federally guaranteed student loans. In addition, interest payments that accrue during service may be eligible for repayment by AmeriCorps.
- Jump-start your career and gain transferable skills employers value including leadership, teamwork, and problem-solving. Once you complete your service, leverage the Employers of National Service Network, which connects you with hundreds of employers from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors who are committed to hiring alumni.
- Join a network of like-minded leaders who are passionate about improving communities. AmeriCorps alumni receive access to special benefits and resources. For example, many colleges and universities match the Education Award and offer additional AmeriCorps scholarships.