Travel Ambassador Volunteer Job Description
Under the supervision of the Mobility Management Specialist, this position will be responsible for educating and assisting persons with disabilities, older adults, and general public on the availability and use of public transportation and The COMET in a group setting.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of Able SC and The COMET
- A year or more riding Fixed Route, ADA Paratransit or both
- Experience teaching, training or assistant teaching
Any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates successful ability to fulfill requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for the position may be considered. On the job training will be provided.
- Ability to ride the COMET’s fixed route and/or DART services
- Ability to deliver effective training on how to use public transportation
- Ability to serve as a positive representative of Able SC and The COMET
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to record outings
This position operates in a professional office environment with routine fieldwork that includes bus ride demonstrations and group public speaking.
Expected Hours of Work
The length of time spent performing Travel Ambassador duties depends on the events assigned.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.